Thursday, December 16, 2010

Dear Dad

I think about you today, and I don't feel sad anymore I feel happy. I feel warmth. I feel peace. I think about you and Connor together and I feel blessed that he got to know you. I promise to make sure he continues to remember you. For a while I didn't talk about you with him, because I didn't want to make him sad or to push the issue. I simply explained to him that you had to go to heaven and that we were all sad because we loved you so much and would miss you.

I know he has some grasp on the situation because he has been a lot more needy, a lot more clingy then usual. Its been rough to drop him off at day care, but I continue to do it because I want him to understand that I will always come back. I'm not sure how I got so lucky. He is such a sweet child. At different points when mom and I were upset, he would bring us candy or popsicles or toys to cheer us up.

No comments:

Post a Comment